Monday, December 15, 2008

A Sunday with Clare

Ok, and now, on to the most important of today’s posts. Also, so there is no confusion, I wrote this on Sunday night, but due to internet failures, I’m not sure when it will be posted.

This morning as I was gently nudged awake and then startled by Myla, I didn’t know what today would bring. I had this list of stuff to do, and had high hopes of completing it. However, priority one is something that can take anywhere from five minutes to all day. This task is: spend Sunday morning in bed with Clare. So to start with I make the not so cold trip to Kwik Star for breakfast (the pastries are actually good) and a newspaper. Normally I just get the Courier, but today I was feeling spendy and also got a Register. So, I returned home and was able to successfully set up the bedroom for an extended morning relaxing session with Clare. Being that it was well after ten when I got back, she awoke on her own, and we proceeded to have a wonderful Sunday morning of internet, newspaper, and Mad Max.

Then we finally got ourselves up and moving, and I at least got some laundry in. We headed out to Best Buy to look for a Christmas present for me. Yes, together, but that’s kinda how it works. After a successful trip to Best Buy (the car electronics guy was awesome, Sonia at checkout was a stupid ho), we had time to go to Target. I forgot what its like to go to Target on a weekend approaching Christmas. But we got an awesome parking spot and proceeded to have a lovely time. Clare found some storage solutions, while I managed mostly to get socks and another Christmas gift for myself. After a trip to the post office, we came home for just a few before leaving AGAIN to help another Nordyke prepare a college dinner at church. Then it was off to Village Inn and a special pie delivery to the illest Nordyke in the land.

Now it was nap time.

Following naptime, Matt joined us for Hong Kong (apparently Blessing To Go is closed on Sundays) and Survivor. And finally, I was able to get some other things done on my list.

I’m not sure really the point in writing out all of this. All I really wanted to point out is how awesome it was. Like, just normal stuff. To do normal things with Clare is probably one of the awesome things ever. I love her so much. I hit a personal low point following my completion of my MBA, and I let Clare and others suffer because of it. I hope I am able as we move forward toward Christmas and Amsterdam that I can continue to show her how much I love her, and that I am in love with her, and make her feel like the most special person in the world. I know I’m not perfect, but I want her to know that she is.

1 comment: