Saturday, December 20, 2008

CID(Thank you Tony)

I would just like to share a small success story of the day.  Actually its a large success.  We went to Cedar Rapids today so Lori (Clare's mom) could finish up Christmas shopping.  While Clare and Lori were at the mall, Dave (Clare's dad) took me all the way over to the airport.  We've been trying to get an earlier flight out of Cedar Rapids for our New Years trip to allow us more than 45 minutes through the tunnel with the disco lights at O'hare to our international flight.  I've called United and EF and both told me either it would be $350 a ticket to change the flight or that they couldn't do it.  So I went into the airport seriously doubting that they could help.  As I stood in line, this little bitchy woman was being completely rude to some family with a wheel chair, and I was thinking "crap, I'm gonna get nowhere."  But when I got up there, she rudely informed me that this other guy could help me.  I was thrilled, the guy was like my age, maybe younger, with a tattoo on his neck.  I knew this was much better.  When I told him what I wanted, he was like "why did they do that?  you should have at least an hour and a half for an international flight."  With no problems, no questions, no hassle, no fee, he put Clare and I on an earlier flight.  Finding the right person really does pay off.  So thank you Tony who works at CID for helping us when others could or would not.  We will be able to enjoy our trip and our time before our trip even more now.  AND we will have time for a Chicago dog!

No comments: